Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Grumpy

Not my usual happy self. Just grumpy. I don't feel like I have lost any weight this week. I have gone 3 days without walking, (grumpy!) and since tomorrow is weigh-in, I'm just not going to walk tonight either. Not going to take that chance of my muscles retaliating and hanging onto fluid. I've been 100% perfect OP, I've logged my food and liquids. Yet the (bathroom) scales are not budging. Yes, I know there are other ways to judge success besides the stupid scale. I'm doing the program. That is success. But week before last I stayed the same. Last week I was up 0.6. And the worst thing of all is that I don't FEEL like anything is happening. There's this IBS thing that's messin' with me as well, but there's nothing I can do about that. Or at least everything I try to do about it (in the way of medication) has been futile. 

I know how I operate. I'm just afraid if I don't start seeing some scale action, some looser-clothing action, etc., I'm going to get discouraged and drop out. I've committed to doing this, though, and I'm going to stick with it. I just hate that my bump-in-the-road has come along so early in the journey. 


It makes me really grumpy. 

And I'm getting that scratchy feeling in my eyes and nose that comes just before a cold virus attacks me. 


That makes me grumpy too. 


The boys made a mess in the kitchen last night and didn't clean it up. Now I have to look at it all day (because I refuse to clean up after a 55 year old and a 31 year old!)

That makes me even grumpier. 

Okay, a little later I'm going to read some of my personal blog posts about perspective, and count my blessings for a while. But for now I'm just going to wallow in a big pool of 

Grumpy.

No comments: