Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday: A Day Of Rest

Well, not really. I can't remember when I actually rested on a Sunday. It's the first day of my work-week, and I work til 9 p.m.  While all my friends are enjoying their Sunday-afternoon naps.  And since the check-engine light came on in my car this weekend, I had to rearrange my schedule to allow me to get it checked out.  Translated:  Instead of doing my contract work this morning (Monday) before starting my "real" job at noon, I had to do my contract work on Sunday morning. Translated:  I missed church, and instead was tethered to the desk from about 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., with a couple of breaks for lunch and dinner.  

All that to say this:  I did not get my walk in yesterday.  Lots of people recommend taking a day off, but I find it generally works better for me not to miss a day. Keep the momentum going kind-of-thing, if you know what I mean.  Nevertheless, I took A Day Of Rest From Walking yesterday.  Today is my shift-and-a-half day, and I won't finish tonight until 11 pm or later.  I'm telling myself that I will take my dinner break this evening and get my walk in.  I know it will spell trouble if I skip two days in a row.   

I've been tracking faithfully, and staying OP since my weigh-in on Thursday. That's a great accomplishment for me.  However, I still don't feel like I'm losing.  I do feel better for all the walking, though, and I know that in the long run, it is all for the best. 

Besides.  Rest is way over-rated.  

No comments: